Saturday, June 12, 2010

Some Fruits and Veggies are Ready





I need to cut the broccoli.



Sugar snap peas are ready. I better pick before the deer notice.


Grandpa let the little ones pick mulberries while I was at work. When I got home their clothes, faces and feet were purple. Grandpa was picking them to make wine.



All the cherries this year are way up high. I think the birds will get them all before we do especially since rain has been forecast for every day. Again, grandpa uses them for wine.


We soak the cherries in a little salt water in order to draw out any little critters that may be inside. I think these are Montmorency cherries. I planted the tree so long ago that I don't remember for sure. And, even if I did, what difference would it make?


We are going to have a lot of pears again this year. I think I have tried every recipe I could find for making anything that contains pears. Grandpa even makes pear wine.


No comments:

Post a Comment